• Greatest Hits Packages (Off Topic)
  • Blur: Think Tank
  • Various Artists: Batman Forever (Soundtrack)
  • Gorillaz: Demon Days
  • Boyd Tinsley: True Reflections
  • Fiction Plane: Everything Will Never Be Ok
  • Zyrah's Orange: Body
  • The Streets: A Grand Don't Come For Free
  • Angel: Live Fast, Die Never (Score)
  • Welcome to the future
  • Tuesday, August 23, 2005

    Natasha Bedingfield: Unwritten

    I'll start with the fact that this is one of those albums with some chick playing over synthed/hip hop beats. Rather British Clubbing in many senses, but very enjoyable.

    Before I get to the audio, i'd like to talk about the shit side of the disc. You can't rip it on a PC with anything but Windows Media Player. If the music industry sees this as a feature, not a bug, they are fucking dumb. I put it on the Mac, ripped to empeethree, and was quite happy.

    What sold me on this purchase was video I saw on VH1, and I liked the single they were pusing from this album, "Unwritten." Its got good flow, her voice works, it all feels very well done. Its not the best track,but we'll get to that in a minute.

    What made me sad, actually, was that the last track, "Wild Horses," isn't a Stones cover like I had hoped. Its a small thing, but important if you thought it would be keen.

    My favourite track from this disc is "If You're Gonna." Its an energetic anthem of *NOT* sitting on your ass. I was very excited when I listened to it, and have played it 20 times since I bought it Friday. You can check out the full lyrics here, but one of the key lines that grabbed me was:
    "Life is music, play it louder."

    That's just hott and true.

    Some of the songs are a bit lovey dovey and cute, but overall the album is solid. My friend Sean said that she released something a few years back and it was subpar. If this is true, I think Bedingfield has made up for it with this release.

    In the End: Not for everyone. Club-goers, chick rockers, and any one who likes synthed beats will dig this. Otherwise, you may enjoy it, but no promises. But you don't know until you try, right? I'm glad I spent th $9.99 on this. You may be, you may not be.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home