• Gorillaz: Demon Days
  • Boyd Tinsley: True Reflections
  • Fiction Plane: Everything Will Never Be Ok
  • Zyrah's Orange: Body
  • The Streets: A Grand Don't Come For Free
  • Angel: Live Fast, Die Never (Score)
  • Welcome to the future
  • Thursday, July 21, 2005

    Various Artists: Batman Forever (Soundtrack)

    Now this one has been out for nearly a decade, I know, but I just ripped through it for the umpteenth time, and I feel it may be the best thing to come out of the Batman franchise since Adam West (I have yet to see Batman Begins). But, this is not a review of the films, this is the album.

    This album jumps all over the place with Rock (U2, Offspring), Hiphop (Method Man), Eletronica (Massive Attack), R&B (Brandy), Romantic Soft Pop/Rock (Seal, Mazzy Starr), and even some indie-ish tunes (Nick Cave, Sunny Day Real Estate).

    Despite its many music genres, the album flows almost as good as the Guinness at an Irish bar. From the moment I heard the U2 track (Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me), I'd wanted this album, but after I got it, I was surprised to admit I really enjoyed the whole cross-section (this being the time in my life where if things weren't classic rock, they were crap).

    This album really brought me to a place where I deeply enjoy Mazzy Starr and PJ Harvey (who I even got to see open for U2).

    Its not a very "deep" album, but with the plot of the movie it was meant to go with, what do you expect?

    In the End: For a nice listen across the radio dial or just looking to zone out, this album is definitely worth it. This offers something for just about everyone and can help you to enjoy other genres.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home