• Various Artists: Batman Forever (Soundtrack)
  • Gorillaz: Demon Days
  • Boyd Tinsley: True Reflections
  • Fiction Plane: Everything Will Never Be Ok
  • Zyrah's Orange: Body
  • The Streets: A Grand Don't Come For Free
  • Angel: Live Fast, Die Never (Score)
  • Welcome to the future
  • Friday, July 22, 2005

    Blur: Think Tank

    Having shot down the latest from the Gorillaz, I thought I might see what one of those monkeys did outside of the animated group. Thus, Blur.

    Think Tank rolled out on my birthday, 2003 (May 6, for those who don't pay attention). Its more of that "electronica" and studio production, but, I'll be honest, I really enjoyed it.

    There's nothing that really stands out on this album, but that's what I was looking for this morning. It was enough to play background music, but not enough to draw my attention from my reading. It flows well, I think it was produced just right, and if I actually listened closer to the lyrics, I think I'd enjoy them. Just a feeling I get.

    The two songs that really jumped out to me are the second track, Out of Time and the last track, Battery in Your Leg. Something about the lyrics in the second tune really hit me for some reason, and the whole sound of the last track was just right to close the album out.

    In the end: This is great background music, maybe even music to let run while you sleep. Its well done, but its more subtle, and may not have that hook to draw you in, if you need such a thing.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home