• Off Topic: Dualdiscs
  • Kate Bush: Aerial
  • The Beta Band: The Three E.P.'s
  • DangerDoom: The Mouse & The Mask
  • Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley: Welcome to Jamrock
  • Imogen Heap: Speak for Yourself
  • Glen Phillips: Winter Pays for Summer
  • Madonna: Confessions on a Dance Floor
  • The Essex Green: The Long Goodbye
  • Various Artists: The Matrix (Soundtrack)
  • Wednesday, January 25, 2006

    KT Tunstall: Eye to the Telescope

    It's not often that I'm AHEAD of the music curve. Normally I'm either straggling behind the curve, or just riding the crest. But not this time, my friends.

    Last year (05-Jan), I got an issue of Uncut, where the reviewer was gushing over Ms. Tunstall's talent and how she'd be huge in the coming year.

    She seems to have done well for herself in the UK, and her day in the US light would appear to be upon us.

    The album is not yet available in the US (Feb 7), but I did the illegal thing last year, and have since ordered the album and 5 EPs/Singles off of Amazon.co.uk. They're due in next week.

    However, the album... the album, I adore. It took me a few listens to be 200% satisfied with it, but when the glow hit, damn, it's been worth it.

    The whole album is full of good songs that I could gush about for hours and hours, but I'll try not to.

    What you should jump on, if you're going to judge this album by just a handful of tracks are "Another Place to Fall," (A somewhat angry tune about one friend, it seems, telling another one to get her shit together as the narrator will no longer be "Another Place to Fall"), the first US single "Black Horse & a Cherry Tree," (Which has the Pop/Rock sensibilities to go far on Top40/Adult/Teanie Bopper radio), and "Suddenly I See," (An upbeat sounding/feeling tune that is sure to get your foot tapping and your head bopping).

    In the end: I think this is going to be a break out pop/rock hit of the year. And, I hope, a big one. If not, She's cute, she's scottish, and she's got a good set of pipes. Take 45 minutes from your day and check this out.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home