• The Essex Green: The Long Goodbye
  • Various Artists: The Matrix (Soundtrack)
  • Jim Boggia: Safe in Sound
  • Tori Amos: Strange Little Girls
  • Bill Hicks: Rants in E-Minor
  • Various Artists: Napoleon Dynamite (Soundtrack)
  • Kasabian: Kasabian
  • U2: How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (Deluxe)
  • Arcade Fire: Funeral
  • David Newman: Serenity (Motion Picture Score)
  • Wednesday, November 16, 2005

    Madonna: Confessions on a Dance Floor

    I'll start simple: This is the biggest piece of shit of this decade.

    I'm not saying this for any other reason than that it is true.

    I was not impressed with the first single, "Hung Up." It has a mildly head bopping beat, in the same vane as that song they play behind that annoying SNL skit with Will Ferrell and the other guy as annoying clubbers. You don't want to, but you end up bopping.

    But I also know that not being impressed with the first track is NOT always indicative of the album's strength. Madonna has put out some good efforts in the past, and I gave ol' Esther a chance.

    And my insides have not yet stopped bleeding.

    The album is the kind of thing 17 year old eurotrash clubbers on Ecstacy would love. Or, rather, would have loved a few years back. Madonna is just a few years behind the curve on this one.

    I cannot and will not offer additional tracks to listen to. Its not worth time or the plastic the disc is pressed in.

    In the end: Some people will love this album. However, I'm hoping most of my more regular readers will believe what I say when I suggest you "put this straight in the microwave." This is a coaster.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home