• The Streets: The Hardest Way to Make a Living
  • Gnarls Barkley: St. Elsewhere
  • Jewel: Goodbye Alice In Wonderland
  • The Bouncing Souls: The Gold Record
  • Arctic Monkeys: Whatever People Say I Am, That's W...
  • Editors: The Back Room
  • Stereolab: Fab Four Suture
  • Jack Johnson: Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies for the Fil...
  • Beth Orton: Comfort of Strangers
  • The Magic Numbers: The Magic Numbers
  • Thursday, June 01, 2006

    Regina Spektor: Begin to Hope

    As seems to be the pattern these days, I picked up on this disc thanks to the almight power of the interwebs. One of the many music blogs I subscribe to had a few tracks by Ms. Spektor, and something about the tune "Us" caught my ear and my interest.

    The lovely Regina has a sweet, slightly raspy voice that works with the electronic, rock, and softer piano that all accompany her on the album. At points, she almost channels aspects of Bjork, which, in this case, is *NOT* bad.

    Fidelity, On the Radio, That Time, and Summer in the City are must-listen-to tracks off of Begin to Hope.

    In the end: Any artist who has come out of no where to become a daily listen for me has got to have some skill, if I do say so myself. I've not picked up any other albums yet, but if this is any indication, I'll happily plunk more money down for her stuff.

    On the Web: A few tracks are still available for download off of Good Weather for an Airstrike, including On the Radio, Summer in the City, and a great remix of Us.

    Technorati Tagged: Regina Spektor | Piano Rock

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home