• Sia: Colour the Small Ones
  • Abra Moore: Strangest Places
  • The Police: Synchronicity
  • Beck: Guero
  • Stereophonics: Performance and Cocktails
  • KT Tunstall: Eye to the Telescope
  • Off Topic: Dualdiscs
  • Kate Bush: Aerial
  • The Beta Band: The Three E.P.'s
  • DangerDoom: The Mouse & The Mask
  • Wednesday, February 08, 2006

    Spoon: Sister Jack (CD Single)

    This is a brief one as it's a 3-track disc.

    The title song is one of my favourites off of the "Gimme Fiction" album (which will be reviewed in these parts later this week). It's got a simple rock progression, and anyone who loves good rock and roll, will like the tune, 'Nuff Said.

    Also on here are a remix of another true favourite off of the album, "I Turn My Camera On." While I feel the remix isn't the best of remixes, it's listenable and still maintains enough of the original for me to bop my head happily.

    Finally, the last track is "Sunday Morning, Wednesday Night" which is nothing more than an acoustic guiatr up front, with an electric guitar in the background (with some echo, of course), and then the vocals in the middle. It's simple, but different.

    In the End: Let's face it, if you bought the single, you like the band, the album, or the song. I don't need to convince you. If you were going to buy a single as a way to get into the disc, though, I would suggest either "The Beast and Dragon, Adored" or "I Turn My Camera On."

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home