• The Corrs: Home
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Fever to Tell
  • Trisha O'Keefe: All the Honest Liars
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
  • Spoon: Gimme Fiction
  • Spoon: Sister Jack (CD Single)
  • Sia: Colour the Small Ones
  • Abra Moore: Strangest Places
  • The Police: Synchronicity
  • Beck: Guero
  • Monday, February 27, 2006

    Leona Naess: I Tried To Rock You But You Only Roll

    I'm a little late, I know, but this may be one of the best albums of 2002. Yes. 2002.

    I came to this album through a friend's myspace page, and I've been addicted since.

    Leona has a voice that is both feminine and powerful; she's got a great range and the production on the album is not overdone. Her voice is like the perfect cheesecake: sweet, addictive, and absolutely beautiful. Or so I think.

    From the first song, "Mexico," to the last song, "Promise to Try," she really keeps the quality very high, which is surprising for any album that really would be considered pop in this day and age.

    My personal favourite is "Mayor of Your Town," which has a certain lovey kind of feel to it, but moves with a solid beat.

    In the end: A good mix of pop/rock sensibilities, solid lyrics, and an amazing voice mean one thing: Check this album out. It's worth the 50 minute run time.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home