• Sia: Healing is Difficult
  • Kasey Chambers: Carnival
  • Bob Dylan: Modern Times
  • The Wreckers: Stand Still, Look Pretty
  • Ray LaMontagne: Till the Sun Turns Black
  • Christina Aguilera: Back to Basics
  • Baker: Happy Birthday
  • Kelly Clarkson: Breakaway
  • Spoon: A Series of Sneaks
  • Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros: Streetcore
  • Friday, September 29, 2006

    Justin Timberlake: Futuresex/Lovesounds

    I suffer so you, my adoring audience, does not have to.

    Justin "I tear at Janet's wardrobe" Timberlake's latest effort, Futuresex/Lovesounds is the kind of thing that ranks above Madonna's last album -- BARELY.

    While I don't like Justin Timberlake the musician, I can't help but enjoy him as an entertainer. He does have a certain charm, I accept, but charm only goes so far, J.Tim. And it just wasn't enough to make this a good album, or, hell, even a tolerable one.

    Sexy Back, the radio single, actually has a great beat, but I am just not impressed with the vocals. At all; I feel like he's too white too properly pull off [Another Song] All Over Again; And Pose has the same thing going on as Sexy Back - great tune, vocals don't impress me. The addition of the Dogg-Father is the only saving grace on this tune.

    In the end: No. Someone(s) will enjoy this one, but not me. This guy says two thumbs down. You don't have to put it in the microwave, but don't listen to it either.

    Technorati Tagged: | |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home