• David Bowie: Young Americans
  • Butterfly Boucher: Flutterby
  • George Carlin: You Are All Diseased
  • Aaron Brady: Aaron Brady
  • Kanye West: Late Registration
  • Shout Out Louds: Very Loud (EP)
  • Various Artists: Six Feet Under - Everything Ends
  • Deltron 3030: Deltron 3030
  • Stereophonics: Just Enough Education to Perform
  • Ludacris: The Red Light District
  • Monday, September 26, 2005

    Shout Out Louds: Howl Howl Gaff Gaff (US Version)

    I can't gush enough about this group, or anything they do.

    Howl Howl Gaff Gaff by these Swedes may be the best album of the year. Or, at very least, it may be the best album of the year ignored by the music industry. I don't know which yet.

    You've read what I think about the EP , so the hopes were very high for this one. And I was not disappointed.

    The album flows well, for the US release, but not as good as the Euro one. But I'm only looking at the US one for this review.

    Outside of what I drooled over for the EP, there are so many great tracks on this album including Oh Sweetheart!, Go Sadness, Please Please Please, and 100 Degrees.

    Noticably missing from the US release is I Wish I Were Dead, Pt. 1, which will make US listeners extremely curious what the deal with I Wish I Were Dead, Pt. 2 on the EP. The album does end on a slightly sour note with Sea Gull, arguably the weakest track on the album.

    I won't fault this group for trying to get tracks US audiences could get behind on the album, but the Euro release is solid and, more so, something US audiences could have equally enjoyed.

    In the end: I think missing this album is akin to missing out on The Beatles' White Album AND Abbey Road. Ok, maybe not that much, but you get the idea. Its a very, very solid album. Don't let the weak finishing song fool you, this is a must have of 2005.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home